There is more to baking soda than being a baking staple. Baking soda is a cheap and efficient household cleanser and deodorizer. Here are some reasons why you should reach for a box of baking soda.
• Baking soda can be used as a fridge deodorizer. It absorbs odors thereby preventing food from tasting funky.
• When cleaning fruits and veggies, mix water with baking soda to get rid of dirt and the waxy coating from your produce.
• To freshen up carpets and upholstery, sprinkle baking soda on the surface and vacuum them after 15 minutes. The musty smell will be gone in no time at all.
• Sprinkle baking soda inside your shoes to get rid of the stinky gym smell. Leave it there for half an hour before you tap the soda out.
• Add a cup of baking soda to your washing machine when you are doing laundry to make clothes brighter. Baking soda will balance the pH level which makes clothes cleaner and brighter.
• Property management companies in Denver suggest that instead of using commercially prepared jewelry cleaning solutions, you can brighten dull jewelry by making a baking a soda paste. Scrub it onto your dull silver bracelet and rinse afterwards.