Laminate floors are beautiful if you do know how to take care of them. Denver residential property management shares the common do’s and don’ts when cleaning laminate floor.
• Laminate floor and water do not go well together. If you use too much water, the water will seep in between the planks and cause damage. Use a dry dust mop to clean up the floor. If there are dirty spots, spray the area with water and use a rag to scrub it off.
• Using the wrong and strong cleaning agent can damage the floor. You can use a cleaning solution made of water and a bit of dish soap.
• Use a micro fiber dust mop to clean the floor instead of a regular broom since laminate flooring scratches easily. If you have to vacuum the floor, turn off the brush roll to prevent damages.
• Use furniture pads on the bottoms of heavy furniture. These furniture pads are inexpensive and are available at most home improvement stores.
• To get rid of annoying streaks on the floor, you can buff the floor after mopping.
• Too much exposure to sunlight can cause sun damage and results in fading. Close the blinds or curtains during sunny days to prevent this from happening.
• If you have pets, place mats under their food and water bowl to protect the floor from moisture and scratches.