Lemons are one of the best and cheapest natural cleaning agents around. This bright yellow citrus can liven up your cleaning spree with its versatility. Lemon essential oils and lemon juice can be used as part of your everyday green cleaning. Lemons have a low pH and contain citric acid which gives them antiseptic, antibacterial, anti fungal and antimicrobial properties. Denver property management and houses encourage you to go green with these lemony tips.
• Use lemon juice to kill bacteria, mold and mildew. Squeeze a few lemons and add it into a bucket of hot water and white vinegar. You can also use it full strength for extremely dirty surfaces. You can make a lemon cleaning solution by mixing the juice of one lemon and one lime with one cup of water and one cup of white vinegar.
• Use the lemon cleaning solution to remove soap scum in the bathroom. The citric acid destroys the soap scum in a jiffy.
• Lemon can remove hard water stains on your bathroom wall. Pour lemon juice on the surface and let it stand for a few minutes before you start scrubbing.
• Brighten your kitchen sink with a paste made of lemon juice and baking soda.
• Mix lemon juice with a bit of salt to get rid of rust.